Sunday, June 8, 2008

like a headless chicken

my male friends tell me to date men as if there is no tomorrow. my female friends say i should cry my heart out and binge on chocolates. my mother say i should pray. you told me to forget you. tell me, how does one stop thoughts on rainy monday mornings? how can one ask them to leave?

i am trapped in my apartment. it is pouring outside. i am pacing my tiny rokujo apartment not knowing what else i can do to keep myself busy. i should have gotten a psp and play super mario like crazy. i should study instead of staring out of the window into the rain wondering if you're keeping warm.

i should be strong enough. if only weakness doesn't exist...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yey! I found you! Been missing reading about you.

Beautifully written, as always. Off to my blogroll you go. ;-)

toureg said...

Wandered in from Google while searching for "rokujo apartment" in an attempt to explain how big they are in a way that my foreign friends would understand...
Anyway, that's beside the point. I quite like your blog—I've spent the last little while reading through it, glad to have it keeping me company on a rainy Ueno Monday morning. You have a great writing style, gentle, well-spoken and concise.
You'd be an interesting person to know in real life.
If you're in Tokyo some time, let's grab a cup of coffee.
(You can get my email or IM from my site: http://mmdc.net/ if you ever feel like talking to some random person from the Internets... There's a blog there, but it's mostly about photography, as I'm a photographer.)