Sunday, June 29, 2008

thanks to barok english...

i have been wondering what to do with myself once i will go home and take a breather for at least a month. then, suddenly, as if by divine sign, i saw these funny pinoy signs on facebook and instantly, in between reeling in laughter and going to the toilet to pee, i had a vageu idea of what i would do while relaxing in perlas ng silanganan... here are the pix

FROM THE PHILIPPINES!!

( jojie alcantara's website )



(retiner,bres, and other oral accessories...with name mind you!)

FROM CHINA:


(USA BUCKS only accepts payment in dollar? i think...)

FROM JAPAN:

(courtesy of stephen)


(it's all about believing in the unbelievable...and then go WAO!)


nyahahahaha!!!!! the grand idea is still to keep on teaching english until people learn to use it properly. but, then again, proper english isn't much fun at all isn't it? now i am back in the slump, but at least i am already smiling,no, roaring in laughter! all these barok signs point out one thing though, one thing which is somehow a source of comfort for me; these signs just show that as long as there is still barok english out there, i can always (mimic) teach english, a temporary thing to do which keeps me afloat while i figure things out!

2 comments:

lainee said...

oi riva! :) so when is this month-long hiatus in Pinas starting? more beaches there for you :P (wa pa gyud ko naka adto ug Boracay!)
I saw you've been visiting my blog frequently, but I have been on blog hiatus too for.. a month now. And perhaps I'll be away for a loooong time. I've lost my muse, and I don't think she'll be back for a while hehe...
Enjoy Pinas ha? >:D<

Anonymous said...

Hahaha! I loved these signs! You're right. Proper English is no fun compared to these. Thailand is chock full of these funny signs. They never fail to crack me up. ;-)